Tuesday, September 23, 2008

At the hospital

Well right now I am sitting in the hospital with Colby trying to convince him we need to watch Dancing with the Stars... Its not going so well haha! Well about 4 o'clock Monday morning Colby was woken up with a really bad headache, a temp of 102, and nausea. At first I just thought he had a virus but this morning when he still had all of those symptoms I thought he should go to the ER. We get there and talk to the doctor and he said it sounds like viral meningitis. Well a CT scan, lots of blood work, pain medicine, and a lumbar puncture(spinal tap) later we find out thats exactly what it is. We are very thankful its not the bacterial form or he would have probably been dead already. So they are keeping him in the hospital to monitor and administer antibiootics. He is feeling better but his head still hurts. We will get to leave in the morning and he will need a lot of rest!!! Now I just pray Cash and I dont get it. I have been disinfecting our apartment tonight so hopefully that helps.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hope Colby is feeling better! I love the blog. Keep it up! I need to know more about your life. Talk to you soon!

Lauren and Justin said...

Oh goodness! I hope that Colby is feeling much better! Justin and I will be thinking about him!